3 Cups Milk
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 cup flour
1/2 cup of butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup white sherry
1/2 cup milk
1. Soak quail overnight in 3 cups of milk.
2. Preheat oven to 300.
3. When preparing to cook, salt and pepper birds and roll in flour.
4. Brown the quail in butter on medium heat to not burn butter or birds, then place in a baking dish.
5. Pour off half pan drippings
6. Sauté chopped bell pepper and onion in the same skillet until tender.
7. Combine soup, sherry, and 1/2 cup of milk and stir well.
8. Pour sauce mixture over quail and bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes.
We enjoy this recipe over stone ground grits, or Carolyn’s famous rice casserole, also shared in Beyond Selwood’s Door cookbook.